26th April, 2012 – The Bug Genie team is proud to announce the immediate availability of the final 3.2 release. The Bug Genie 3.2 is the second feature release for the 3.x series, which – in addition to fixing a vast number of issues since The Bug Genie 3.1, also features hugely improved project management, file releases, incoming email support, bulk issue updates, interactive planning mode and a brand new look and feel.
The team has been working hard the last few weeks and months to tidy up this release so you can enjoy a whole new suite of features. With almost no area of The Bug Genie untouched, this release is the most awesome yet.
Rock solid, versatile, awesome performance
- A slick, new design: Our new theme gives you an even more visually pleasing and visually consistent experience than you're used to. The theme also makes sure UI elements are easily recognizable, making it a lot easier to find the feature you're looking for, when you need it.
- Improved backend performance: The database backend layer have seen a huge improvement and upgrade. Working together with the improvements and enhancements in the Caspar framework project has brought a much faster database backend, with support for advanced querying, relations and indexing. Backported from the Caspar framework is also a much more configurable setup and configuration tools, making it easier to set up The Bug Genie with alternate configurations.
- Caching and speedup: In 3.2, all available caching features have been turned on, bringing you a much, much faster experience. Pages load faster, navigating is quick and painless, and we've improved responsiveness and feedback in all areas. No waiting!
New features in The Bug Genie 3.2
* Previous times may become incorrect as a result of our bugfix, database changes are necessary for both these fixes. An upgrade switch is available for smaller installations, and a separate task will be released after 3.2 to fix this issue on bigger installations.
- The Bug Genie 3.1.0 - 3.1.5 had a bug that caused it to write "3.0" to the "installed" file. This means the upgrader will think you are running version 3.0 and will not let you upgrade. Edit the "installed" file, so it says "3.1" where it says "3.0", and it will let you upgrade as expected.
Before starting an upgrade, you must read through the upgrade instructions in the FAQ, here: TheBugGenie:FAQ.
Get it now!
The Bug Genie 3.2 can be downloaded from our download page.
If you want to upgrade your existing installation, please read through the UPGRADE file included in the release for information on how to upgrade your existing installation.
For more installation and upgrade instructions, please refer to the FAQ