19th November, 2012 – The Bug Genie team is proud to announce the immediate availability of The Bug Genie 3.2.4 - the last planned bugfix release for our 3.2 series. For more information about improvements in previous 3.x versions, see their respective release announcements:
- 3.2.3 release announcement
- 3.2.2 release announcement
- 3.2.1 release announcement
- 3.2.0 release announcement
- 3.1.8 release announcement
The Bug Genie 3.2.4 contains fixes for one or more important security notices. You are strongly encouraged to upgrade to this version.
In addition to the changes and improvements in the above changelogs, this release contains the following changes:
Changes in The Bug Genie 3.2.4
- TBGSN-001-1 - Local file inclusion vulnerability (discovered and responsibly reported by Prajal Kulkarni)
- Fix an encoding error for certain languages (see Github pull request #119)
- Fix an issue with certain permissions not being possible to change
- Fix an issue with the live wiki diff'er (see Github pull request #131)
- Several translation fixes (thanks to qtheuret and keelerm84)
- Fix an issue with custom issue fields not being properly deleted (see Github pull request #139)
- Fix a display issue with dropdown menus overflowing (see Github pull request #140)
- Reintroducing support for headers in issue descriptions and reproduction steps (see Github pull request #141, fixing issue #1590)
You can upgrade to version 3.2.4 from any 3.2.x version (3.2.0, 3.2.1, 3.2.2 or 3.2.3), as well as from 3.1.8.
For users running 3.2.x this is a "drop-in replacement". This means there are no specific upgrade steps necessary - just unzip into your existing installation (overwriting files when prompted), clear TBG cache and you're ready to go.
If you're running an earlier version of The Bug Genie (earlier than 3.1.8), you need to upgrade to version 3.1.8 before continuing.
If you're upgrading from version 3.1.8 you must read through the upgrade instructions.
More details about upgrading to this release can be found in the FAQ.
Get it now!
The Bug Genie 3.2.4 can be downloaded from our download page.
If you want to upgrade your existing installation, please read through the UPGRADE file included in the release for information on how to upgrade your existing installation.
For more installation and upgrade instructions, please refer to the FAQ