24th September, 2018 – Zegenie studios announces the immediate availability of The Bug Genie 4.2.0
For details about the many improvements in this release, please see the 4.2 release overview
For an overview of recent releases, see their respective release notes
The Bug Genie 4.2 has a wide range of bugfixes, improvements and new features. All users are encouraged to upgrade to this version.
Changes in The Bug Genie 4.2.0
This release contains a large number of new features, improvements and fixes.
- Significantly improved and simplified permission model with permission inheritance
- Support for parsing and automatically detecting todo-items from issues
- Brand new project-focused frontpage
- Introduced project templates to set up projects with default settings for different usecases
- Improved onboarding for new users
- Improved team and client dashboards
- Added support for Github login
- Added support for Google login
- Added support for integration with Slack
- Unified and updated theme and layout
- Support for PHP 7.2
- More reliable mail notifications, with better and more readable formatting
- Improvements to searching for related issues
- Changed from server-side rendered code highlighter to js-powered highlighter
- More details are shown in the issue log
- Missing wiki articles now highlighted when linked to
- Comments in issues can now be sorted in reverse order
As a community-driven project, we are always happy to receive bugfixes and improvements via Github pull requests. Please fork us and make The Bug Genie better!
Luckily, the list of fixes and changes contributed via Github is way too long to print out here. Please check out the commit log for a detailed list of changes that went into this release.
Users on our hosted platform are already updated to this version. No manual action is necessary for hosted users to upgrade to this release.
More details about upgrading to this release can be found in the FAQ.
Get it now!
The Bug Genie 4.2.0 can be downloaded from our download page.
If you want to upgrade your existing installation, please read through the UPGRADE file included in the release for information on how to upgrade your existing installation.
For more installation and upgrade instructions, please refer to the FAQ
Slack™ is a registered trademark. The Bug Genie and zegenie studios are not affiliated with or endorsed by any other companies mentioned on this page.